Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When it feels good to be me..

That's when I'll know.

When it feels good to be me, whomever that may be..When I like the shape of my body, love the sound of my voice.. When I love the texture of my hair, the color of my skin. When I feel comfortable being alone.. When I see myself letting go of fear, discontentment, lack, and doubt.. When I laugh at the thought of censoring myself for the sake of anyone else.. When I can proudly say my name.. When I am eager to share my thoughts.. When I release preoccupation with opinons.. When I can take you to my favorite places.. When I can read you my favorite books.. When I can tell you about my dreams.. and where I'm going, and where I've been.. When I can sing you my own songs.. When I can accept a loss.. When I'm not consumed with being 'enough'.. When I see they're moving on and know I'm doing the same.. When I feel its okay to cry, When I learn from the pain as well as the joy.. When I can do it all by myself...

That's when I'll know I'm ready for you.
xoxo

No comments: