Friday, July 16, 2010

what's yours is mine?

Ginger has been dragged into doing backstage work on the musical I'm working on, and besides the occasional whining he's been really great about it. So I figure he realizes how much theatre means to me and I mention some of the schools I'm looking at-- most of which are either on a coast or abroad. He turns on me and starts telling me "no, don't do it, we'll grow into different people, and we won't be able to have sex, don't that's a bad idea." Wtf? I'm not soundboarding, I'm not asking for your advice, I'm answering your question. I'm a firm believer in what's meant to be will be, and of doing what you feel you have to do for you. We'll cross this bridge when we get to it, but hopefully he'll realize that if he tries to make me choose between him and my empire, I'll choose my empire everytime. If we're two people in love we'll make it work; we can't if one person is shooting the idea down instead of helping to think of solutions.

No comments: