Monday, September 29, 2008

blast from the past.

Today at work, I had a run in with a past boyfriend's lookalike and the rush of feelings I got hit me sideways!

Now about the boyfriend, we'll call this one Jock, he was my first high school boyfriend and the closest thing to a heart break I've had. It was tumultuous, fast, and unbelievable. It was my introduction to the world of dating, and it covered just about every base; being cheated on, the beginnings of falling in love, lust, whispered sweet nothings, being wooed, breaking up and getting back together-- all of it. He was a senior when I was a freshman and it spanned just about a year and some change.

Well today at work, a guy with a southern accent ordered then pulled around to the window. he was looking down and pulling stuff out of his wallet, and I was reading his order to him, then he looked up. under his cowboy hat was Jock's face. almost exactly. it scared the shit out of me. the eyes, the lips, the cheekbones-- all of it. Seeing him brought up all the emotions I felt throughout all of Jock and I's relationshit: anger, lust, irritation, and twitterpation. Jock was the one guy who's had this affect on me, and even after all this time it still happens.

Just goes to show you, even when you finally banish them from your thoughts, men still have to make sure you never forget them. bastards.

No comments: